Welcome

Welcome to my media blog, which I will use for posting the progress of my coursework throughout the year. My name is Sebastian Hodge (0330) and I'm in Group 5 alongside Louis Caldwell (0131), Vivian Oparah (0621) and Joshua Brooks (0110). To the right you'll find labels which can be used for easy navigation of my blog.

NTLS - Heart Skipped A Beat video

NTLS Album Cover

NTLS Album Cover
Album for the self-titled NTLS debut album cover

NTLS Website

NTLS Website
Click on image to open the NTLS website

Saturday 20 December 2014

Group Dynamic

I would say that our group is extremely strong and well equipped for the project. Each of us bring something unique to the table and we cover each other's weaknesses.

Group 5 Photo
Left to right: Seb (me), Josh, Louis, Vivian

I have been described as level headed and pragmatic by my group - allowing me to keep the potentially too creative and ambitious elements of our group grounded within reality. I also took well to operating the lighting and was for the most part, the designated cameraman.

Louis has a meticulous attention to detail and is very capable of operating Photoshop to a very high standard. He is also very good with envisioning frames and so helped direct a lot of shots.

Vivian is extremely creative and possesses a keen eye for whether a concept/shot would work visually. We relied on her heavily as a creative entity.

Although all of us are quite capable of editing videos, Josh is by far the most technically skilled and knowledgeable. In addition, Josh is very organised and would usually be the means of indirect communication with out teachers.

In order to to work at maximum efficiency we thought it would be best to split the tasks of post production up, working to our strengths:


Music Video Edit:
We decided that it was necessary for two people to be working on the edit, as it was by far the heftiest piece of work. So, Josh and Vivian we responsible for the edit. Of course, when required Louis and I would chip in to give another point of view or to even edit when our own jobs were going ahead of schedule.

Vivian and I seemed to have a lot of free periods together. Vivian would get on with the edit whilst I did my separate job. This worked well as due to her creative mind, she came up with a lot of solutions to problems we faced in regards to continuity of the narrative or timings of the studio footage. In contrast, I was able to provide her with pragmatic feedback for when she seemed to be over doing it on the creative side, so much so that the flow of the video was too greatly distorted.


Album Cover:
The fact that Louis uses Photoshop regularly at home mean that he was the ideal person to be working on the album cover. Together, as a group, we mapped out exactly what we wanted on the album cover and Louis set to work on making that a reality. Vivian and I didn't really get involved with the album cover as Josh's and Louis' technical capabilities are superior to ours. However, Josh would help out with the album cover on the odd occasion.


Website:
I worked on Wix as it seemed to be able to operate it quite easily. To ensure I don't stray from the group's vision, Josh and I drew up some templates for each page. My job, much like Louis' was simply to make the groups' plan a reality.


In order to stay on top of each individual's progress, we held after school meetings a couple times every week. This ensured that if somebody was working ahead of time, they could help out those who were lagging behind a bit.

Overall, out group worked exceptionally well in my opinion. We were both extremely creative and efficient. We also got on very well as people and this experience has only strengthened out friendships. However, this was the cause of a few scenarios where we were perhaps a little too laid back about the project. But, ultimately, this had no detrimental effect on the progress or quality of our work.

No comments:

Post a Comment