Welcome

Welcome to my media blog, which I will use for posting the progress of my coursework throughout the year. My name is Sebastian Hodge (0330) and I'm in Group 5 alongside Louis Caldwell (0131), Vivian Oparah (0621) and Joshua Brooks (0110). To the right you'll find labels which can be used for easy navigation of my blog.

NTLS - Heart Skipped A Beat video

NTLS Album Cover

NTLS Album Cover
Album for the self-titled NTLS debut album cover

NTLS Website

NTLS Website
Click on image to open the NTLS website

Friday 18 July 2014

My Role

Describe your role and how you feel about it

My role in the video is "Bassist 3". Due to an excess amount of actors for a rather small pool of characters, each character has been split into a few different roles. So, my role is to act as the "Bassist" for the third major scene of the video. I'm delighted to have been given this role as it requires a decent amount of screen time, but not too much. This will in turn allow me to spend more time viewing the technical/logistical side of a professional shoot.


What does the performance actually consist of?

My role is fairly simple in that it consists of me just playing the bass guitar alongside the rest of the band. However, my character frequently switches between a lethargic attitude and a zoned, excited attitude. Therefore, I must be aware of which attitude I must present to the camera and be conscious of the body language I emit in order to properly represent both attitudes.

This shows all of the shots which involve my character



Is this a challenge for you, or something within your comfort zone?

My role requires no li synching so I am completely within my comfort zone in regards to switching up the attitudes and bobbing along whilst "playing" the bass guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment