Welcome

Welcome to my media blog, which I will use for posting the progress of my coursework throughout the year. My name is Sebastian Hodge (0330) and I'm in Group 5 alongside Louis Caldwell (0131), Vivian Oparah (0621) and Joshua Brooks (0110). To the right you'll find labels which can be used for easy navigation of my blog.

NTLS - Heart Skipped A Beat video

NTLS Album Cover

NTLS Album Cover
Album for the self-titled NTLS debut album cover

NTLS Website

NTLS Website
Click on image to open the NTLS website

Thursday 17 July 2014

4. How do you think your prelim experiences will impact on your approach to next term's music video coursework?

The experiences that I have gained from the prelim will almost definitely benefit me hugely for when I make my own remake next term.

I feel a lot more comfortable being in front of the camera than I previously did. This is a result of learning how to lip sync properly and understanding how to effectively have a presence on screen. Therefore, if it were necessary for me to be an actor in my own remake, then I would embrace it wholeheartedly.

Camera equipment
Witnessing the shoot unfold has given me a valuable insight into juts how a shoot must be ran if it is to successful. I feel that I would be able to organise a shoot and ensure that it keeps to time, whilst still allowing all departments to be able to efficiently cooperate. In addition, I know understand the importance of retakes at the end of a shoot, in order to allow all shots to be of a high quality whilst not impacting upon the schedule.


1975 drum kit that we used in our shoot
The experience of shadowing the lighting and camera department of our shoot has provided me with the necessary knowledge of how to operate a shoot in regards to the technical side of things. I now feel confident that I'd be able to keep up with all of the technical aspects of my own shoot.



View from the lighting deck
The prelim has also taught me the importance of costume and makeup. I now know that I must allow ample time for the organisation and gathering of costumes for actors. Furthermore, makeup is vital and we will almost definitely need someone who is a skilled makeup artists in order to fully replicate a character.

The girl band in costume and with make up
In regards to editing, I feel even more confident than I previously did. I now know of all the skills required for editing a music video remake, such as the ability to effectively sync audio and video and how to implement certain effects.


Three Way Colour Corrector and Proc Amp are what we used to grade shots

As a whole, I feel that I am more than prepared to engage in the creation of my own music video remake next term, thanks to the the experiences acquired from the prelim.

No comments:

Post a Comment