Welcome

Welcome to my media blog, which I will use for posting the progress of my coursework throughout the year. My name is Sebastian Hodge (0330) and I'm in Group 5 alongside Louis Caldwell (0131), Vivian Oparah (0621) and Joshua Brooks (0110). To the right you'll find labels which can be used for easy navigation of my blog.

NTLS - Heart Skipped A Beat video

NTLS Album Cover

NTLS Album Cover
Album for the self-titled NTLS debut album cover

NTLS Website

NTLS Website
Click on image to open the NTLS website

Thursday 17 July 2014

2. What have you learnt from participating in each of the prelim tasks?

Audition:
The audition was probably the most challenging part of the whole prelim as it was quite awkward to get into role when just standing in front of a camera. However, it acted as a means for me to practice lip syncing. Although I didn't have to lip sync in the real shoot, it's still a valuable skill for any media student to have. It also gave us the opportunity to get used to the idea of acting in front of a camera as it is very different to the idea of a acting in front of a live audience.



Costume:
I was previously unaware of how much time and effort went into selecting costumes in a professional shoot. Having various costumes at the ready was vital as it allowed us to use the costume that looked best on camera. Furthermore, the actor must have a costume that they can feel comfortable in as this will allow them to act as confidently as possible without any element of self consciousness holding them back. Many of us had to resort to borrowing clothes from others, whether it be from friends, family or simply each other.

Bike band in costume

Rehearsal:
The rehearsal was a very important stage of the prelim as it allowed me to gauge an understanding of how to present myself on camera whilst on set and in costume. I used the opportunity to refine my performance skills via the use of posture, articulation, body movement, eye movement and facial expression.

The bike band in rehearsals

Shoot:
From the shoot I learnt of the true importance of logistics when dealing with a professional shoot. It became clear that a professional shoot could only operate efficiently is all those involved do their job within the allocated time. Furthermore, it was vital that the general attitude was always positive as to avoid any conflicts that would in turn hinder the rate of production.

Our cameraman and director reviewing footage

Editing:
Due to the fact that I have had a fair amount of experience with editing footage, especially in regards to the usage of Adobe Premiere Pro, the main thing I learnt was how to sync audio and visuals for a lip sync. In addition to this, I also learnt how to implement a few more effects, such as reversing shots and adding rapid flashes to a shot.

Syncing the shots of Kayvon and the lead

As part of editing we had to insert flash effects

No comments:

Post a Comment