Welcome

Welcome to my media blog, which I will use for posting the progress of my coursework throughout the year. My name is Sebastian Hodge (0330) and I'm in Group 5 alongside Louis Caldwell (0131), Vivian Oparah (0621) and Joshua Brooks (0110). To the right you'll find labels which can be used for easy navigation of my blog.

NTLS - Heart Skipped A Beat video

NTLS Album Cover

NTLS Album Cover
Album for the self-titled NTLS debut album cover

NTLS Website

NTLS Website
Click on image to open the NTLS website

Friday 5 September 2014

Initial Research: My Music Consumption

Music has always been a huge part of my life and I try to consume it in one way or another as much as possible. I listen to it on journeys, whether walking or taking public transport, through earphones connected to my iPhone. At home, I tend to listen to music through speakers that are connected to either my laptop or iPhone. The simplest way to describe my music taste is Hip-Hop and Electronic music.

Perhaps my most treasured possession, is my iTunes library that consists of just under 1000 songs that I have collected over the last 5 or so years and contains almost all of my favourite songs from throughout my life. As expected, it is a very diverse collection with songs from the likes of Notorious B.I.G., Jon Hopkins, Dizzee Rascal, Shy FX and Lapalux. Any songs that are not available on iTunes, tend to be found on either YouTube or Soundcloud, so I am therefore active on both of these websites/apps as well.

In recent years I have began to attend festivals and gigs in order to more thoroughly appreciate my favourite music. Festivals and gigs not only act as a means of consuming music, but they also provide a very unforgettable and unique social experience which adds even more depth to the music.



Songs that have meant something to me over the years:

Childhood - River Man by Andy Bey



My Dad was always play this song out of the speakers in our kitchen for as long as I can remember. When I listen to it now, I get reminded of random memories from my childhood.


Early Teens - Makeshift Sanctuary by Aether



I listened to this song at least once a day for a good few months when I was about 12 years old. Again, listening to this song just brings up various memories from that period of my life.


Currently - Universe by Kashuks



I found it rather difficult to decide on a song that means something to me today. This is mainly because there are simply so many songs that in the last couple of years mean a great deal to me, whether that is because they are somehow linked to an important event or even because the lyrics are relevant to my life. However, I decided upon this song simply because I would listen to it quite frequently when I was taking a break from revision in the run up to my AS exams. This habit has stuck and I find myself doing the same thing whenever I'm taking a break from a particularly intense piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment